Info. Repeat

Sunday, October 4, 2015

What is sleep?

Sleep can be difficult sometimes, this picture came from getreal4health.com
Sleep can be hard to come by some days because of being uncomfortable. I personally have a hard time sleeping because I can't sit/lay still for too long or else I get stiff. Even during the day I have to constantly be moving or I will have pain flairs.

When you sleep, laying still is normal but if that causes pain what is there to do? I have found that using a neck supporting pillow helps a lot. With my neck supported I wake up with less pain and I can function more in the morning.

Everyday I am constantly popping my fingers, neck, back, hips, ankles, you name it and I probably pop it! So sleeping with the neck pillow, for some odd reason, it helps me reduce pain.

As I have said before in a post, every person's APS and treatment is unique. Everyone affected has to find what works for them and just do it. No matter how crazy you might look sleeping with a neck pillow or massaging your skin in public, just do it.

Whatever works for you is what you need to do to control your pain so you can sleep.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if sleeping in a recliner would help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if sleeping in a recliner would help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have actually tried that, and it was too cramped for me. :( Thank you for the suggestion though! I am ALWAYS open to them!!

    ReplyDelete