Info. Repeat

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

New Locations of Pain?

If you have read all of my previous posts, most likely you've gathered that APS is a crazy condition. This condition has no limits, it does what it wants when it wants.

Reading the title to this post might have you a bit confused, well here is your explanation: APS can advance to new places in the body. Whoa, weird! Yes, there can still be pain in the original location but new painful spots can surface. 

So the fall of 2014 I started having gallbladder attacks, which one wouldn't think is related to my APS. I went through weeks of attacks, rarely eating, and numerous doctor visits. I had an ultrasound just to check out my gallbladder, then we moved onto a Hepatobiliary (HIDA) Scan. 

This scan is primary to test the functioning of your gallbladder, the nurse injects radioactive bile into the arm and you are put in a special nuclear medicine scanner (gamma camera) that traces the bile through your body.

Doctors look at how well the bile went through your liver, gallbladder, and small intestines to determine if your gallbladder needs to be taken out. Just the test alone lasts one to one and a half hours, but the whole appointment is two to two and a half hours.

Luckily, I went through almost a month of hell before they realized my gallbladder works decently. So I didn't have to have surgery!

After that, my primary care physician knew to call Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City to ask if all of my symptoms where APS related.  Lo and behold it was JUST my APS and I was so happy because I knew how to fix that. 

As demented as it sounds, APS can progress to new locations in the body. 

3 comments:

  1. That's awful. I know you can use massage to help get rid of the pain, but how do you get rid of internal pain? I hope there is something you can do to alleviate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Internal pain is very difficult, I had to exercise and rub where it hurt. I basically had to tell myself that it shouldn't hurt and I had to believe it so I could keep working to get rid of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad you were able to get that fixed without surgery!

    ReplyDelete