Info. Repeat

Monday, September 21, 2015

Support Throughout the Journey

Photo Taken by: Bayli Milleson
This is my momma, Cathy, she has supported me through my best and worst days. As y'all have read, I was somewhat of a problem child growing up with my APS kicking my butt.

APS is a difficult thing to go through, especially as a child/teen. Not only is your life becoming busier, but also being sick (with who know what) all the time on top of that and it's a lot harder if you don't have someone that's there for you when you're down.

I was not a pleasant teenager when I was heavily medicated and still in pain. So if you have someone who will STILL put up with you during all of that, you have yourself a wonderful person.

My mom was the one person that showed her love for me in many ways. Anything from the little things such as getting be a route 44 green apple slush from sonic when I had a migraine to keep me hydrated. Or sleeping on a rock hard couch for four nights/five days in a hospital with me. These were the toughest times in both of our lives.

Rarely we had a good laugh when I was so loopy from a medication that I would speak Spanish to her, or see a monkey in a wood door.. I can't imagine what it was like taking care of me because I'm not always the nicest when I'm in pain.

But once we knew I had APS, every morning I didn't feel good she would say "Bayli, you have to get up because you know if you don't you'll only get worse." Just by her telling me this I knew I couldn't give up, and I knew I couldn't let APS conquer me and control MY life.

Having a support system when you have APS is very crucial, on your lowest days you will need someone to pick you up. It might sound silly, but having someone there for you really helps. Whether it be they make you stick to your plan to work out, or just listen to you vent about how crappy you're feeling that day.

My momma is my support system and the one that inspired me to do everything I could to get better.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to have family that completely understands what your are going through and are there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky to have a good mama like that!

    ReplyDelete