Info. Repeat

Thursday, October 8, 2015

"It's Just in Your Head"

Everyday I struggle to get out of bed, I struggle to sit still in class, I struggle to stay on task, and like I have said before my chronic pain is NOT curable. Patients with APS or any chronic pain conditions have to deal with it everyday for the rest of their life because sadly it will probably never go away.

I have mentioned before that I have had chronic pain since I was eleven years old, and I am currently only eighteen. So being told that I will have to deal with this pain the rest of my life is impaling. Almost my whole lifespan of being in pain sounds terrible.

But what is even worse is most people don't even realize there is actually something wrong, APS is a condition that doesn't have physical appearances of pain. So when you see someone who looks completely normal that doesn't mean they aren't in pain. Chronic pain is very different, you can't see what is wrong, and most of the time if you ask someone how their pain is that day they won't truly tell you how they feel.

For instances, whenever someone would ask me how I felt that day; I was embarrassed because I didn't want to worry people or even annoy them with the sob story of always being in pain.

Chronic pain is real and a hard process to overcome for anyone of any age. Even though, I look healthy for the most part; you can't see the daily pain I go through. I ask all of my readers, that are not struggling with chronic pain, to try to understand that just because you don't see physical problems doesn't mean we are faking it.

Growing up, sometimes, children like to fake being sick to stay home from school. But when you are stuck in bed unable to move for days at a time.. There is something more going on than just a lazy child, and much more than the pain is "just in your head."

Please, try to understand that we have to push ourselves to do simple tasks that seem easy to a healthy person.

3 comments:

  1. Some people just can't or won't understand. I hope you don't have to deal with many of those in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand what it's like to not want to worry people when they ask how you're doing. I'm very glad you are getting help with that to at least ease the pain if it can't be totally cured.

    ReplyDelete